3.12.13

Chasing Pavements.


Here is my post as promised.

But I guess my original thought on this has dissipated after the regionals.

I didn't even win the 10th place in the regionals in the poetry category and I'm quite embittered by it.
I could assure myself that the written poem by the 10th placer is one of the poems
that would've been submitted by a highschool student. Honestly.

And my two other categories happened at the same time as the poetry writing (contest). So, I've chosen poetry over the two.

I could take a big load of dead air upon myself. To tell on my failures like a spat of commands and insults while training in the army, is my common joe's working coffee. But I can't accept that poetry isn't mine, that poetry isn't a big part of my life. How it made me fall in love with writing when I was about 8 or 9 is my remaining litany.

So here goes to you, that little part of me that wants to give in to what was handed just today:

I won't say you're any better. Or that you're special, even when you're me. I'll tell on you that even you love to express the best of ideas in the simplest way possible. That the previous sentence could do with revision. And also for the incomplete sentence on the "sentence" that followed.

I won't be self-conscious and edit my thoughts while it's in my mind. I'm just typing along here..like a maniac.

I don't care if I would be committing any gracious mistake in here.

This blog is the raw brood of my masterpieces.

In short, 'tis the shit yow.

Physically: I'd be chasing pavements. I have time.
Mentally: I'd be chasing pavements. I have a lot of improvement to consume and burn.
Love: I won't be chasing..pavements. Maybe saying what I really mean is already enough.

eww.

Let the spots of the earth take hold of the pressure I press down on it. Let it's gravity and mine be one. Let the peaceful silence while running stay with me.

 Never enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment