27.3.12

Halleluujah.


It was nothing but hallelujah.

I can tell this is going to be one heaven of a week.

Yesterday, my supposed sched was:

"Monday --- there's speech choir and the finals for cell & molecular biology."

I got more than what i asked for.

It all started with the speech choir. With black paint all over my face, thighs and legs as we performed The Congo, i really thought i would just sleep for the rest of the day 'til I head again for uni for my finals in cell & mol. My hair was also all disheveled and bewildered. We won 2nd anyway (for the grade). It didn't matter. My focus was on resting afterwards. After the speech choir, i helped out Huge post the stations for the 4th year Computer Sciences and ITs to stay on. My hair is tied back and my arms were still somehow dirty (it looked like the arms of taong grasa -not to condescend in anyway but to describe it simply). I didn't care. I think this social skills for the past few months removed some insecurities which where paranoia in the first place. I was planning to get a re-print of my permit because I lost it but then I lost this thought along the way out of hunger. We hung out at the caterer's place (cater for the "awarding" --didn't make sense for me , i thought it was for the parent's night) and ate. Raymond took me home. I'm still thinking whether i should attend their parent's night which was supposed to start at 3pm. It's already 2.30 pm.

I went home wanting to sleep first and maybe take a super bath to remove all the body paint and fix my entangled hair. Then there's the text: "jy, punta ka ng lib. 3rd floor sa awarding, 3.30 pm ang start. now na." I rose up faster than what zombies could definitely do. Mind you, that's Carig. I head fast for the bathroom and seriously scrubbed my arms with hot water, soap and toothbrush (of course i didn't use this for my teeth..eewww) and splotched my hair with lotsa conditioner. I was totally freaking out in my head but i'm calm on the outside. I made a run for it, literally. I paid the tricycle capacity. Head back and forth home twice because I forgot my org.chemistry book (there lays the gene code).I ran for the awards and definitely went to shoot for it (i mean be the photojourn). I didn't know I had an award and I was happy though not of pride. It's only because I was surprised.lol.

I didn't finish the awarding for everyone (just the student government part with parents and of some of the publi) and I didn't get the chance to eat the catering...because there's ze test for cel & mol.:I

Rushed into the classroom (other building) a 150 meters away with a medal still hanging on my neck.
Some 15 minutes into the speed reviewing the prof. arrived. I finished the test because I was eager to get home but then I was reminded of the parent's night when i saw the lights coming from the uni gymnasium.
I went there thinking it was the catering from the awarding.ehnk! Ch--king was the "cater" for the parent's night. I took all my guts to walk into the middle to meet Huge and Tim for the "begging of food" (in a more non-demeaning way of course). I ate and blended into the crowd since I'm wearing a semi-formal attire.haahaa!

To fill in the time, I managed to have a conversation with the aunt of the bestfriend of Huge (she was the one attending in replacement of the dad). At first I thought the old lady would be telling a story of close-mindedness but no i was wrong. It definitely BROKE MY PREJUDICE ON THEIR SUPPOSED PREJUDICE. hah. She told me how she managed her 4 kids. All being scholars from UP. What touched me the most is the words of the eldest (as she told), telling his mom that he would take care of her. And other stuff which made this night heart-filled. It's only then I got the hung of the event on how life-marking the event was and not just a scheduled annual event for graduates to capture them in captive by society. For the first time, I can feel for the parents' sentiments. I didn't get that when I had parent's night back in highschool. I thanked her for sharing with me her story, a lot. Huge was confounded i was talking to the aunt.lol.

Afterwards, Huge and I ate at Jolibee to meet Milan too (he's a guy). Oh goodie, i'm being lachrymosal (if a word exists) because in the back of my head, these friends of mine are leaving. :(

That ended the night and so many miniscule events happened in between, I could type on that but it would lose it's magic (the timeliness of those events --simply magic!). Ok, I'll put one. I wasn't able to get the permit but then during the test some of my blockmates mentioned their prof didn't return their permits from another subject, so there, we were all excused from submitting permits (we're irregulars). TG!!!

Today is also A day, i think i'll type it in tomorrow (though I'm not sure I'll be in Sta. Ana for my publi comrade). siningit ko lang ito, haha. Aalis ulit ako. (:

[grateful]

No comments:

Post a Comment