Note: If you're still in the illusion that the means of attaining a hollistic education could only be undertaken within an institution, do read The Disadvantages of an Elite Education and learn more about the history of autodidacts.
Here's a link: http://goo.gl/biQ4Y0
Yesterday was the thesis defense of my close friends from different colleges, including my batchmates from my course. At that time, I was sleeping for the whole morning and evading all forms of contact with the outside world as much as possible. I'm exaggerating. No, it's true and pathetic.
I'm weeks away from the end of my work with this university. I loved that work. Now, where would I go?
It's such a simple question but it's hard to own it up and ask it to myself. The question lingers on in my head until I could no longer ignore it.
Later to-day, I'd be discussing with my publication adviser to confirm what final duties shall I execute and what I should just discontinue. Then I'd call up on people and arrange the final matters. I'm not really a bum and I don't have plans to laze around doing nothing in the near future. I'd always be passionately studying or practicing said skills I intend to use for my work in the future.
It's just like writing. I've been doing it for all my life that I don't consider it to be something of a toil, it happens as I do about with my nature of being into things and my conscious desire for self-development. I just need to work to pave the road and continue doing it.
I no longer want to stay in the campus. Although my graduating writers are prodding on me to stay because the publication needs me and that my younger writers are wishing that I was still the head of the publication next year, I no longer have reasons to be affliated with the campus academically (which ought to be my primary purpose in this institution) and in turn, to serve the publication. I am not shitting. They said it and I'm having little pulls in my heartstrings as a result (not literally) but I just have to do what is necessary.
The timeline is clear in my head, I just have to go about and work around it. My commitment to the publication will never end nor will it ever, I'd always be there supporting it (err this is not yet the turn over next week Monday pa yun errrrr Jy).
Where would I go next?
It's not a hard question but the answer is never that simple. I have the map but I'm not on the road yet. The answer to it is Life and it's what I'm about to discover.
No comments:
Post a Comment